Full Terms and Conditions of Membership
RULES OF CONDUCT
- Membership is available to anyone 18 years of age or older.
- You promise NOT to use to conduct any fraudulent or business activity or have more than one Member Account at any time.
- It is the Club’s policy to expressly prohibit any and all illegal activities by any member of the Club or by any participant in Club activities.
- POLICY CONCERNING NON-TRIP PARTICIPANTS SHARING ROOMS: The Onyx Ski & Sports Club of Tampa Bay, Inc (Onyx) trips will be limited to only those persons whose application and payments have been received and confirmed by the Trip Coordinator. Allowing non-trip members to share accommodations will not be permitted. This policy has been established to protect the Sunshine Slopers’ reputation with the hotel industry, to avoid inconveniencing other trip participants, and to maintain the high standards with which the Sunshine Slopers, Inc. Ski Club has been associated.
- In order to promote good will and relaxation at ski club activities, it shall be the duty of the person in charge of such activity or any member of the Executive Board to contact authorities to eject anyone from that activity whose behavior exceeds the bounds of good taste or who participates in illegal acts. Such person(s) shall also be subject to expulsion from the Onyx Ski & Sports Club of Tampa Bay, Inc (Onyx), if deemed necessary, by the Executive Board.
- RESPONSIBILITY: The Sunshine Slopers and cooperating agents act only as agents and assume no responsibility or liability in connection with the service of any carriage, aircraft, motor or other conveyance which may be used wholly or in part in the performance of its duty to the passengers. Neither will they be responsible for any act, error or omission for any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any vehicle, or through neglect or default of any company engaged in conveying the passenger, or any hotel proprietor, or hotel service or any other persons engaged in carrying out the purpose for which this trip is sold. **In the event it becomes necessary for any reason whatsoever to alter the itinerary or arrangements, such alterations may be made without penalty to the Onyx Ski & Sports Club of Tampa Bay, Inc (Onyx). The Onyx Ski & Sports Club of Tampa Bay, Inc (Onyx) reserves the right to cancel or alter any trip at any time. In the case of lack of snow during the ski season, refund policies established by each lodging facility and ski area will be upheld by the Sunshine Slopers, Inc. The refund policy that governs each trip will be dependent upon the area chosen.
**Locating a replacement for trips will not be the responsibility of the Trip Coordinator, Trip Committee or the Onyx Ski & Sports Club Of Tampa Bay, Inc. PLEASE NOTE: THIS POLICY INVOLVES ONLY TRIPS ARRANGED BY THE Onyx Ski & Sports Club Of Tampa Bay, Inc.’s TRIP COMMITTEE.
Onyx Ski & Sports Club Of Tampa Bay, Inc. – TRIP CANCELLATION POLICY & TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the appropriate Trip Coordinator (followed by a telephone call) and will be subject to the following charges:
International Trip Cancellation Policy
International cancellations are subject to the tour company’s cancellation policy and supplier penalties. Trip Chairperson and Trip Leader(s) should review the respective company’s policy prior to signing a contract.
Onyx Ski & Sports Club of Tampa Bay Refund/Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy for the Onyx Ski & Sports Club of Tampa Bay, Inc (Onyx) is as follows:
1.. All cancellation requests must be received in writing via email to the trip leader or regular mail to PO Box 76201 Tampa, FL
2.. The first $100 of all trip deposits is non-refundable. The $100 however maybe:
3.. Resort and/or ski council (i.e. NBS, Florida Ski Council cancellation policies may also come into effect depending on the date of the cancellation
Please note cancellation of hotel, air or any mode of transportation is subject to the policy and penalties of the respective agency.
TRIP INSURANCE: Is optional but you are strongly encouraged to purchase coverage. Most tour companies will offer coverage, but you may purchase it on your own.
WAIT LIST POLICY: When a trip is filled, all extra applicants are placed on a wait list in the order their applications/moneys are received. When space becomes available, applicants are notified and the balance currently due on the payment schedule must be received by the Sunshine Slopers, Inc., within seven days. Applicants who are on the wait list and are not offered space, or who withdraw from the wait list, will be refunded their entire down payment. Requests to be removed from the wait list must be submitted in writing.
TRIP PAYMENT SCHEDULES: Persons not meeting payment schedule are subject to replacement.